"If a doula were a drug, it would be unethical not to use it." - John H. Kennell, MD
As a labor/birth doula, I will meet with you for a 1-hour consultation so we can see if we are a good fit for each other. If you decide to hire me, I will provide:
- 1 to 2 prenatal meetings in your home to discuss your preferences for your birth, get to know each other, and discuss any concerns or questions you may have about your upcoming birth;
- assistance with developing your birth plan and referrals to needed resources;
- continuous phone and email support, as needed;
- being on-call for you 24/7 from week 37 on;
- attendance at your labor & birth from the time you'd like me to join you through to the birth of your baby and for up to 2 hours after.
- initial breastfeeding help immediately following the birth of your baby;
- a final postpartum meeting at your home approximately 2-4 weeks after the birth.
If you are interested, I am also experienced in babywearing and cloth diapering and happy to provide advice on either and direct you to helpful resources, both locally and online.
I enjoy working with families across the spectrum of possibilities. In the course of my work, I have attended births in a variety of hospitals and have supported families having intervention-free births, mothers with epidurals, inductions, and cesareans. I have also attended approximately two dozen homebirths, including waterbirths and vaginal births after cesarean (VBAC), and have worked with several mothers over 35 as well as families facing complications or otherwise labeled as "high-risk."
For more information about what a doula is and why you should hire one, see my FAQs.
If you have any questions or would like to set up a consultation, please contact me at email@example.com. I will do my best to respond within 1-2 business days. You can also view my profile at DoulaMatch.net to check my current availability (according to your due date).